Sunday, October 21, 2007

Karma is a female canine

I don't believe in revenge because I believe in Karma. To borrow from my Buddhist friends, Karma dictates that the actions of someone, determines their own future because all actions have a consequence. To put it in simple form, 'what goes around, comes around'.

I adapted the view of a friend a long time ago that not only does 'what goes around, comes around', but it comes back ten times as hard as it went out.

Yet amidst the somewhat sadistic enjoyment of watching Karma insert her incisors into the gluteus maximus of those who have done us wrong, perhaps we should stop and consider for a second that Karma's journey may not be complete.

I suppose the true question goes toward whose moral yardstick should we measure our deeds, and whose scale upon should we weigh the compensation therefor. This surely causes the path we walk appear to be more like a tightrope.

Am I wrong for enjoying the pain of my 'enemy' even though I may have just been elevated from the receiving side? I remember being told that "an eye for an eye will leave us both blind", however I also know that he who throws the knock-out punch gets to walk away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bouy u r something else u