Sunday, April 20, 2008

A penny for my thought but you can't afford my soul

I haven't written anything for a while since I have been so preoccupied with my move. Over the past month I have had the opportunity to reflect on some things and to see life through the eyes of others. I have reaffirmed my thoughts on some issues and confirmed one basic principle - 'only you can determine who and what will make you happy'.

It is amazing how we sometimes settle for far less than we deserve. We often claim to be worth a Mercedes but will quite happily take up occupancy in the first Honda that comes along. When we allow ourselves to be talked about, walked on and overlooked, do we really believe that one day we will command respect? While I totally understand that not everyone has the same strength to deal with every situation, one thing we should have is common sense.

A friend once said to me, and I quite happily validate that "we always know how to find a way to excel at educational and vocational stuff but when it comes to love and life decisions our stupidity shines". So are we really the master of our own fate, or are we willing to be pawns in someone else's game? At the end of the day can we really say that we love ourselves or are we so desperate to feel loved? If we're not truly happy then is there really a point?

I know everyone must make their own decisions and then walk the road they choose. It is important however to remember that even when torn and tattered, broken and frail, our soul is all we really own. No wo/man can break us down when we know our worth. So always remember that "People only pay the asking price" and even cheap hoes rarely give discounts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Amathos said...

wow...quite thought provoking indeed...truly about choice and yea we can be imbeciles when it comes to love and parts of life.